Judith Shaver, our Director of Business Development at LSINC, had been at LSINC only a month when she made a change that will affect how LSINC employees view their company and themselves forever.
Hired in December of 2018, Shaver hadn’t been with LSINC long when she decided to give the leadership team a New Year’s gift: a book called The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon. The team read the book, and Alicia Ryan, LSINC’s CEO, fell in love. As a Valentine’s Day gift to her employees, Ryan decided to purchase the book for everyone to read in their choice of paper or audiobook.
Thanks to these decisions, LSINC is now officially adopting The Energy Bus and its lessons as a part of our corporate identity and culture.
The Energy Bus is a business parable that teaches the main character, George, to take control of his life, bring success, and encourage others to do the same. He learns to follow the ten rules of riding on the energy bus:
- Drive your own bus.
- Leverage desire, vision, and focus to move in the right direction.
- Fuel your ride with positive energy.
- Invite people onto your bus; share your vision as you drive.
- Do not waste time with people that refuse to get on the bus.
- Do not allow energy vampires into your bus.
- Remember that enthusiasm attracts and encourages the most passengers.
- Love your passengers.
- Drive with purpose.
- Have fun, and enjoy the ride!
In the words of our Director of Business Development herself, “It’s a book of business parables about having positive energy in business. I reread it every year. It talks about being thankful and so much more that the list really never ends.”
Want to join the LSINC family’s journey onto the energy bus? Visit Jon Gordon’s website to read the book and start driving your own bus!